Post Rock Notes | Bilingual Edition

9.7.06

Big Bud

"La Dub del sabato sera" - Episodio 2 (che stavolta diventa "La D'n'B della domenica pomeriggio")
"Saturday Night Dub" - Episode 2 (that this time becomes "Sunday Afternoon D'n'B")

http://static.last.fm/proposedimages/original/6/1008489/24206.jpg

Ascoltavo la Drum and Bass tag radio di last.fm quando qualcosa mi colpisce più delle altre. E' un tale Big Bud.
Cerco subito qualche informazione su di lui scrivendo "big bud" dj ma mi compare Wikipedia - List of Cannabis Strains come primo risultato. Anche Google Images non mi aiuta più di tanto... le foto che mi propone sono quasi tutte della psicoattiva flora o, al massimo, di qualche trattore di marca Big Bud. Entrambi utilissimi, per carità, ma non in questo contesto.
I was listening to Drum and Bass tag radio from last.fm when something catches my attention. It's a guy called Big Bud.
(Woland is not informed on the popular expression used for pot, or if he does, he didn't calculate the popularity of the plant in question, which makes it funny for the translator, who is now laughing alone at her unaware friend)
I immediately type a search for "big bud" dj (lol) and my first result is Wikipedia-List of Cannabis Strains. Google images does not help me either... the pictures I get are all of the psychoactive flora or at the most a tractor of the "big bud" brand. Both very useful, of course, but not in this context.



Vado allora a leggere la Artist Description della sua pagina Last.fm che non dice molto di interessante sul suo conto ma si conclude con la frase "Skin a spliff, sit back and fly."
A questo punto capisco che si tratta di una congiura contro di me, mi rassegno e vi linko, direttamente da last.fm, solo la pagina di Infinity + Infinity, uno degli album di Big Bud, di cui potrete sentire un assaggio di tutte le canzoni del cd e farvi un'idea.
Then I decide to read the Artist Description on his last.fm page that doesn't say anything interesting about him, but ends with the phrase: "Skin a spliff, sit back and fly."
At this point I understand that it is a conspiracy against me and I give up and I link, directly from last.fm, only the to Infinity+Infinity, one of his albums, from which you can listen to a bit of every song to get an idea.